Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Meshing gears

If you have Wildfire or Pro/Engineer 2001 datecode 2002280 or later then you can. There is a gear-pair icon. By choosing the number of teeth on your gears you can mesh ralistic gears.

Israr

Rajeev,

I have successfully meshed gears using a Cam connection in Mechanism. You have to define the two gear surfaces contiguously, and then make sure you check off the 'Enable Liftoff' button in the definition.

It is very cpu-intensive, but it does work.

Regards

Peter Brown

Peter Brown,

Why use cam connection if gear connection itself is available. So far I know cams in Pro/E Mechanisms are used in real life cam connections, tyre on a road, geneva mechanism, and in other intermittent motion uses.

You may use it for gears but ...

Anyhow it depends on person to person and skill level.

Israr

Israr,

This was something I did prior to the availability of the gear-type connection in Mechanisms.

I've yet to try the new 'gear' connection, and don't know if it just maintains the ratio or actually meshes the gears without interference.

Regards

Peter Brown,

The gear connection does maintain the ratio and actually meshes the gears without interference. I have created a wiper mechanism in Wildfire which has two gears meshed. If you are interested I can send it to you.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back