Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanica Part Gone w/ Unit Change

hartmaab

2012-01-13_144815_Hub.zipI have a part (attached) which I modeled completely in SolidWorks and now wish to analyze with Mechanica in ProE (WF4). I used SolidWorks to save the part directly to a ProE .prt format, and when I open it in ProE, it looks just fine and has the right dims.

However, when I start to use Mechanica, it informs me that it's using the in-lbm-s system of units (absurd default!) and I want to switch it to in-lbf-s. So, I go into File->Setup->Units and make the change. As soon as I do, though, the part disappears.

It still shows in the tree. I can regenerate but nothing shows up. I can fit the view, and nothing shows up. I've tried both unit change options (interpert and convert) and neither gives any different results.

Can someone help me out? Since I'm just changing the force/mass component of the unit system, I don't even understand why my unit switch should affect anything at all.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam Hartman

Flextronics Medical
Edited by: hartmaab

Sorry to reply to my own post, but if I save the file (from SolidWorks) to a .stp format, then open it in ProE, I can change the units just fine. Does ProE poison the well when it sees files direct from SolidWorks?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back