Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanica HELP

tinag

Hello all,

Im trying to convince my company to invest in a seat of Mechanica... so they have asked me to proove its worth !! Unfortunatly i only know how to analyse single parts... Im trying to analyse an assembly.. but getting no where fast
smiley5.gif
.. im currently using the try b4 u buy version WF2.0..

Ive read the mecahnica book by R. Toogood but it only touches the surface of assmebly analysis..

smiley19.gif
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

TIA

can you give us some more info on exactly what you are trying to do? is it a static problem/ dynamic problem? structure/thermal?

have you set up your contact regions? are the loading and constraint conditions set up correctly?

let me know and I'll see what I can do!

James

Hello....

Thanx for the info J.. Unfortunatley i am now getting an internal engine error every time i try to run a design study
smiley11.gif
... can anyone tell me what this is ??

TIA

sorry for the late reply.. net was down at home over the weekend! :(

I can remember the errors I normally get but they are usually due to an unconstrained model.. double and triple check your constraints just to be sure.. from what you described to me earlier, if it's still a 3D problem make sure that you have looked at the "Z" axis also!

James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back