Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MDO vs Mech/Pro

When you are saying Mech/Pro are you referring to the ADAMS/VIEWinterface(Mechanism/Pro) or Pro/Mechanica Motion Integrated?

I'm not an expert but one thing that I did not like about Mech/Pro is the way it transfers geometry data to <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>ADAMS</st1:place>, and that is .stl files. That means if you need full ADAMS/View capabilities the Pro/E geometry transferred to <st1:place>ADAMS</st1:place> more or less just for a nice display.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

On the other hand if you have only rigid bodieswithno contacts in yourmechanism and you want to do advanced stuff in ADAMS/View (custom loads, drivers, solver variables, and so on) it will work great. I've used this module to simulate A/C compressors dynamics and I really liked it.

If you have <st1:place>ADAMS</st1:place> as you dynamic simulation software and Pro/E as your CAD system I would say Mech/Pro is a nice thing to have.

Ibotez,

but Mech/Pro ADAMS has interface only version for Pro/Engineer now available.

Do you know?

Israr

I did not fully understand what you were saying, but as far as I know you can fully preprocess your model in Pro/E (add joints, drivers, loads, etc.), solve from the Pro/E interface,OR you can save the *.cmd file after some preprocessing, load it in ADAMS/View, do more preprocessing, solve, view results ... all in an "independent" mode.

Hi Israr

Salam Alaik

I had check this site, but plz tell me what is the main purpose of this software?? Mech/pro???

Is that for motion analysis?? Is this better than Pro-mechanica.

Zaki

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back