Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MCAD Central Survey

dgs

Didn't know where to put this as it's not really Pro|E related, more forum related. There's no forum related section that we can post in, so the 'Rant and Rave' forum seemed like the best place.

Canwe stop the annoying 'Take the survey' messages from popping up every time I come here? I've taken the survey and I've tried clicking the 'Don't remind me' thing, but every time I come back it asks me again.

It's really annoying.
smiley7.gif

I took time to fill in the survey, then the whole thing locked up when I tried to send it. So I dismissed the entire internet session. Like you chaps I find it annoying that I keep getting asked do "be cooperative". I already did and frankly don't like to take the time once again and possibly be confronted by having it end up in the bits-and-bytes nirvana once over.

Alex

Same here - it's getting to be annoying. I filled it out a second time, butit said I had already completed the survey. MCAD - please stop the survey or do it right!

Count me in as VERY ANNOYED. I take the survey, then the next topic I view it pops back up. When I choose "don't remind me", it sends me to the Mcad home page, not to the topic I wanted to look at.

Fix it or disable it! Either way, just knock it off already! I am done taking your surveys!!!
smiley7.gif

herb said:
I take the survey, then the next topic I view it pops back up. When I choose "don't remind me", it sends me to the Mcad home page, not to the topic I wanted to look at.

Yep, that's annoying too. Worse, it ignores it and keeps reminding you anyway.
smiley7.gif

Followed the links through 'contact us' at tthe bottom of the page to send them a note about it. Hopefully that will help.

PRStockhausen said:
I noticed that the survey message had a "Do not remind me again" button. It does not work.

My point exactly. If it did, there'd be no discussion.

I noticed that the survey message had a "Do not remind me again" button. It does not work.

My point exactly. If it did, there'd be no discussion.

no it doesn't work ... but closing the window will ...and if you are linked to active topics.. it will take you there just like it used to.

it's a minor inconvience... but overall our host has done a great job!!!

guess you could ask for a refund
smiley2.gif

Sorry, guys. I thought it was working fine. It worked fine for me, but it looks like I need to test it some more. It relies on cookies. Are you cookies enabled?

I disabled it for now. I'll take a look at it, fix it, and put it back up when it's working. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jason Turk
Administrator

I found the problem and hopefully fixed it. Please let me know if you have further problems.

Thanks,

Admin

That fixed it for me. One time click on 'Don't remind me again' and it no longer appears.

Thanks,

Thank you, works fine now. Great job on the website. Didn't mean to be a prick on my earlier post - caught me on a bad day.

Rod

I haven't tried clicking "Don't remind me again" again today, but will try it.

My annoyance comes from the fact that I completed the survey a day before these ads started popping up within the threads.

Administrator, should I take the survey again? I'd really like to put in my two cents about this. It's distracting and annoying...and other than that I really like this forum. Obviously I'm dependent on it...
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back