Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

materials properties

tinag

Hi All,

Im trying to find a website that provides thematerial properties required for analysis in pro mechanica. At the minute i have to use bits of information from at least 6 different sites as none of them contain all the information required. Does anyone know of a website that will show all the material data required without having to surf to several sites just for one material ?

TIA

Granta Design (www.grantadesign.com) were talking about creating a Mechanica compatible materials library some time ago, but I haven't heard anything for a while. I too use matweb, but you have to know what the US equivalent Spec is before it's really useful.

Another tip - you can use google to do units conversions, for example just type in '30000000 psi in GPa' and out pops 206.842710. Ordinary calculations work too.

If you're interested I have a enhanced Pro/E and Mechanica materials library that you're welcome to - just drop me an email.

Rod Giles

Hello Rod!

I'm interested to have the whole material library. Could you send me it on my e-mail?

Thanks in advance!

Andriy

I have a few mat. spec's. if you have excel and wf2 just let me know.

Los Angeles check your e-mail. Hope it works for you.
Edited by: arroyopr

<<If you're interested I have a enhanced Pro/E and Mechanica materials library that you're welcome to - just drop me an email. Rod Giles>>

Hi Rod,

Please send the material files library to me also, if you can.

Thanks, Mircea

mircea.ungureanu@axletech.com

Hi Rod,

I'll be very thankful to u. If u will send me Material Lib. to me.

My ID is : [email protected]

Thanks Buddy.
smiley1.gif

Bimal

<<If you're interested I have a enhanced Pro/E and Mechanica materials library that you're welcome to - just drop me an email. Rod Giles>>

Hi Rod,

If dont mine, please also send me the material lib to my email [email protected]

Thanks, Aufar
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back