Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Material Properties???

red1992v6rs

I am currently a student at Pennsylvania College of Technology. I am working on my senior project, which has been done in Autodesk Inventor. I brought the file into Pro/E using an .iges format. I was wondering how I assign material properties to a part file in Pro/E? I'd like the part to have features as if it were brass, ie color, mass, etc. I am without a doubt a novice with Pro/E. I have only done a few parts and assemblies in Pro/E so I am no that knowledgablewith the program. I just wanted to have some background with it because I am graduating inMay. Any help at all would be great.

Thanks,

Ryan

By the way, I am currently running the the free 30-day trial on my home computer but we have version 4.0 in the classroom. I didn't know if that made a difference.

Hi Ryan,

edit>setup>material will let you set up a material. edit>setup>mass props>generate report will give you a weight.

In tools>relations you can write the following exactly: WEIGHT=MP_MASS("")

That will generate a parameter WEIGHT that you can call up in a drawing. Write &weight in a text note in your drawing.

Sip

Thanks for your help sip. I appreciate it a lot.

Is there any way to change the color of the part (to reflect the material)? I'd like to represent it in a color other than the default gray.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back