Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mass prop in Assembly

ilmegor

(WF2) Does anyone know how to exclude some parts of an assembly from being computed in the mass props calculation? (I think I shouldnt suppress the part because it is parent of oter parts I want to beincluded)and how to make an interference check between just some parts of an assembly instead of having the entire list of all inerferences?

Thank You!!

you can check interference b/w two parts. To exclude the parts from mass properties calculation assign minute density values to these very parts such that it does add to the total.

Israr

You can suppress the part that you don't want considered. The children will fail, but you can "freeze" them in their position by "quick fix"-ing them as they fail.

Jesse

Israr: Thanks, it works,though it seems a little extra work...I thought therewas a simplest way.....

Jhahn: I tried your way... it works too...thanks

I was wonderingwhy, in proE, to do simple things (that should be straight forward)one must find a "self made " or "different" way to do it ... (just a consideration as a new-user)

THANKS A LOT!!

I think you want to create a simplfied rep for your mass props calcs. This allows all children to remain correctly assembled and gives the correct mass values.

PS-Freezing doesn't always work. If components ar4e packaged or otherwise free to move, they sometimes do. Though the asm weight will be correct other things like CG and moments of inertia could be adversely affected.

Edited by: kvision

Well.. I really would like to choose whether to exlude some parts or sub-assemblies before calculating the CG. I thought there was a way to select the parts you want to include in your calculations. Same thing for thevolume interference....I'd imagine a "select" option.....

Thanks.

Simplified Reps allows you to select which items to include or exclude at any level. This affects all calulations.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back