Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

MASS parameter decimal places

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking how to change the number of decimal places when you display the MASS parameter. This is done by adding [.X] after the parameter when it is displayed where X is the desired number of decimal places. Internally, the value is always carried out to many more decimal places for calculation perposes.

E.G. &MASS[.4] will show the value with four places after the decimal.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help.

I want to display the weight of a component on its associated drawing (to two decimal places). &MASS[.2] didn't work, but &PRO_MP_MASS[.2] works fine. This may be due to our front end data management system, but I haven't investigated this.

Thanks again.

pro_mp_mass is a system parameter.

MASS would have to be a user defined parameter. It is possible that someone created this parameter as something other than a real number value (e.g. a STRING). If that is the case, the [.X] would not work.

If you write a relation to set MASS=pro_mp_mass, that should solve your problem.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back