Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mapkeys not working

HARMAN

Hi All,

yesterday i set up some mapkeys in an assembly to move components on their constraints. They all worked fine. Today when i try to use any of them i get an error that says 'Cannot perform this action in current context'.

I don't think i am doing anything different to yesterday. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks

Mark

did you save your mapkey in your config.pro? are you tyring to use the mapkey to a different assembly? this could be the cause of an error.

Hi,

One of the mapkeys is below, they are all similar. They are saved to my config pro and i am using them on the same assembly.

$F1 @MAPKEY_NAMEmono_out;@MAPKEY_LABELmono_out;~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree`1 `node65`;~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node65`;~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;~ Clo

HARMAN,

May be a stupid question, but are you sure that you saved to the correct config (ie config that gets loaded when you boot up ProE)

Kev

Kev,

The assembly you contsrained during the creation of the mapkey....Does that assembly have new parts in its assembly that it did not have when you created it?

Omar

Yes it does. Is this a problem? Its the first time i have ever used mapkeys and no-one showed me how to use them i just tried to figure it out on my own so any help no matter how obvious is helpful

Mark

Mark,

That is the reason it doesn't work! Pro/e assigns node numbers 'node65' to the componenets in a model tree! I have figured out what pattern it uses to assign these numbers, but it is too long for me to try to explain. In order for it to work you assem has to be exactly the same when you created the mapkey.

If you create a mapkey that modifies a sub assembly component, then all of your subassembies' components can never change...exception - only components inside of the subassemblies and that are on top (in the model tree) of the subassemly's component you just modified may change....Oh man that was hard to explain. I hope you understood me.

Also the subassy or assy components can never added or deleted from the assy in order for the mapkey to work.

Omar

OK everyone listen up,

You can use the search tool function to select components, rather then selecting them from the model tree. This way when you add/remove components in the subassembly or the components in the main assy it will not make you mapkey obselete. If anyone needs any tips/advice to get started just post them or pm me.

Omar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back