Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mapkey performance

tomh

When I run a mapkey ProE shows the menu picks as it runs through the selections. How do I turn this off so that the mapkey "runs in the back ground"?

Thanks -Tom

You can't. There is a CONFIG option called visible_mapkeys that is similar to what you are looking for, but this is for menu manager selections. It will not work for pulldown menus and dialog boxes.

No problem. FYI, I am submitting an enhancement and whitepaper (I am a member of the tecnical committees) to address this, and several other limitations to mapkeys

by: Peter Spindloe of Design Knowledge on 2005-07-06
Tool/Utility: Pro/ENGINEER Version: Wildfire Area: Core

Tip:
When mapkeys execute the menus flash up on screen; this is distracting, and slows down execution. In versions 2001 and earlier, the config.pro option "visible_mapkeys no" took care of the problem by eliminating the display of the Menu Manager menus. However, the dialog boxes and dashboards of the Wildfire releases are not affected by this option.

You can edit the actual text of the mapkeys stored in the config.pro in a way that removes the menu flash but preserves the function. This technique came from the PTC/USER email exploder from Donald Gibson in response to a question by Dami

Yea this is a nice tip, but beware when doing it. If something is removed that shouldn't be, then the mapkey will not perform correctly, if at all..and there is the possibility of PRO/E crashing as well.

There is a whitepaper in the works with the Technical Committees that addresses this issue (and many others) with Mapkeys

i have deleted all these out of my config and have had no problems

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back