Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

map key for `purge'

This is what I use to simultaneously save and purge an object. Works up to 2001, don't know about WF. It is assigned to the F11 function key.

! SAVE AND PURGE CURRENT OBJECT

mapkey $F11 @MAPKEY_NAMESaves and purges the active\\nobject;mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELSAVE AND PURGE;~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `File`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `File.psh_save`;mapkey(continued) ;~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `File`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `File.cb_file_delete`;mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `File.cb_file_delete`;mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_purge`; ;

If you wish to purge ALL of the old versions in the current working directory at the same time instead of just the current object make a mapkey to open a 'system window' . The window should open in the current working directory. Inside the window manually type in ( purge ). I first like to do a directory list ( dir ) to see how many files are there then type ( purge ) to clean out the old versions and another dir list to verify the files were cleaned out (just a habit). When you are done, just close the system window.

I made a mapkey which deletes all old versions. The save and purge is cool, but then you don't have the option to retreive an older version if something goes bad with your current model.

Do you know how to make your own mapkeys?

I can go into more detail for you if ya want.

Js

> Do you know how to make your own mapkeys?

Utilities-> Mapkeys -> (click whatever you want to do) -> Save

Done.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back