Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Make one curve out of more

server

Hello everybody :)

I`m not very good in working with ProEngineer, so maybe some of you will laugh about my question.

Is there a way to make one curve out of some others?

I`m using the boundary blend tool to create areas in the 3d - room out of curves.

But now I have one long curve on one side and 5 curves which are connected, but it doesn`t work because it just allows me to select one curve....?

Thanks for helping.

Under the curves tab select the curve chain you want to add to in the list and select the details button under the list. A dialog will open up for the chain references. Hold the CTRL key and select the other curves you want added to the chain.

if you want to combine several curves inte one single curve..then select the first curve, hold down SHIFT while selecting the other curves...this will make it to be "one curve" (and while you do this... make sure all the curves that you select is highlighted as "thick red" , then copy/paste and you got a composite curves for your bonudary blend. )

( Btw , if you use "CTRL" then pro/E will still seeit as several curves...UNLESS you do as kdem describe, iow use the dialogbox.what i want to say here is that if you use ctrl, or if you use Shift ,it will appear to be the same at your screen...)

well well... Post a pic , then its easier to guide you!

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

Go to PTC.com and download the quick reference card. It
is under the resource center->pro engineer resource
center. Then look at the different curve selection
techniques. What you want to do is the one-by-one
selection technique.

the term used to describe this type of curves is 'approximate composite' curve. Its tricky to explain over written copy like this in the forum.You have to pick one part of the curve the 'CONTR C' to copy one portion of the curve then 'CONTR V' to paste that same part of the curve then you can use the shift function to add to the selection set of the curve.... do so until satisfied. There is an option ... move from exact to proximate.
Edited by: design-engine

so true! ...and acomposite curve can also be "exakt" and not "apporximate"...but hey..the defalut is approximate...so thats probably the correct term.

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back