Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Make a non-scaled (dis-associated dim)

kougs

Help... I hate to say it, but I for once do not want a dim to be associated to a feature/imported sketch/drawing. I had to import 2d drawing from AutoCad from a supplier. I than needed to add a few extra dims, but the dims always are actua/associated/to scale. I want to change the value for visual purposes only (not a scael drawing), so as not to be associated to the sketch. Does anyone know how to do this.

- I am in Wildfire...

Thank you in advance for your help.

You want to override the value of the dimension.

1. Create a dimension (Insert > Dimension > New References).

2. Select the dimension, right mouse click, and choose Properties.

3. On the second tab of the dialog box, replace the @D at the top with @O (capital letter O, not zero), followed by the text you want to appear in the dimension.

David Martin

THANK YOU. NO WONDER I COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK, I WAS USING ZERO.

Another question for you all. We have some old drawings that are actually ok in form, but reference an old model name. How can I make this drawing use the new model name. Adding a new model name and trying to del the old mdel name does not work. (Not sure if that was the correct thing to try, and we do not use Intralink or data mgnt software)

Note:

I do have the rename set for renaming models/drawings (rename_drawings_with_object). That does not cover this situation.

Again, Thank you for your help.

Dan

hmmmmmmmm try this if you have not already

open ONLY the dwg

see if there are multiple models VIEWS/Dwg Models/Set Model.

set the model to the old part

close Pro/E

Open Pro/E, open the old model, rename is whatever

open the new part rename it exactly the same as the old model used to be.

Open the dwg, it should show the new model in the views.

save the dwg.

I use to do real voodoo by going into the *.drw file with a test editor and search/replace the old model name with the new, but its PTC is changing the file format so much that seems to cause instability or outright cant open drawing messages.

DD

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back