Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Losing section :(

KK_designer

What is the best way to do section in assembly model for references steadiness??

I´m using sometime section with "offset" and sometime with plane, but when I change some parts in assembly the section just dissapear or missing references. OK, I´m aware of section with planes if you select plane on modified surface you will lose references, but you can redefine later. Now when I use "offset" section, some time it just practically dissapear. It happens often when I´m trying replace components wich are included in section.

Ty

I've found the best way to prevent offset sections to be unstable is to create them using references that you want to show in the section. Once you have the section you want, delete all references except for two datums that define your default csys. The section will now be stable, but if you move things, it won't follow.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back