Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

LOOKUP_INST function

veri

Does anyone know, is it possible to use yes/no or string type of parameters in LOOKUP_INST function?

The lookup_inst function will find any matching dimesions or parameters, as long as they are in the family table. Parameters must match exactly or else Pro/E will replace with the generic instance. The problem with string parameters is that they are easy to mess up. An extra space, or zero will mean they don't exactly match. Just be careful! Here is the syntax, straight from online help. They can explain it better than I.

lookup_inst (generic_name, match_mode,

I didn't found a solution for using yes/no type of parameter, so I replaced the parameter with real number type.

e.g. Yes=1 and No=0.

Thanks Dave for the link. It looked interesting. Does anybody have any experience about these programs?

dhbigelow said:
I belive this function ONLY works with Real Numbers. :(

Dave

This is an old thread, but it came in VERY handy today. And yes, to confirm the quote above: the LOOKUP_INST() function is designed to accept parameter values that are of type "real number" only. Unfortunately, even though family table instances can be defined by parameters that are integers, real numbers, or YES_NO booleans, the LOOKUP_INST() function will only accept real numbers. I have confirmed this with PTC tech support. They classify it as a "limitation."

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back