Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Looking for the largest Pro/E model known to man

To attach a .zip file, you click the paperclip icon as shown below. You only get this icon after you post a message and you are the last post in a thread. There is no limit (that I can remember) to a .zip file.

View attachment 322

I have also (or will at the time I am writing this) attached a .zip file as an example.

Hope this helps!

You can also edit your post (i.e. if you make a mistake) by clicking the pencil icon. This is only available if you are logged on and your post is the last post of the thread.

Nose Bleed - Yes, it was modeled and rendered in Pro. See my earlier reply above for a link to more info on it.

That is toooooo cool!!!

bhacker & peter - those pics have brought to light the fact that I have got to expand on my modeling capabilities!!!

Thanks guys! Post more pics!!!!

Huug - Well done on the car seat!!!!! Unfortunately, my kids are little too big for it, but I'd definetly slap (toss) my kids in one of those!!!

Check out the March 18 edition of Machine Design at:

www.machinedesign.com

There is a brief article entitled Desktop workstation handles largest Pro/E model which talks about the 3.7 GB, 500,000 component parking station model, which they claim is the largest known ProE model. There is one small picture, but it doesn't show too much.

View attachment 323

Apparently, the model opens in just (sic) one hour on their HP 64-bit Itanium 2 workstations.

How long would it take to downlaod a copy on my 56 kbps modem?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back