Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

License

Jacoolo

Hello

I want to work with Pro\e but I do not know how long it could take, so
I don`t see any need to buy it, is it possible to work with Pro\e for
example for few days in the week, or for two - three months without
buying this program, is there any chance to borrow a license from other
firm? Of course I am not interested in any cracks or stolen software.

tkanks

muadib3d

Borrowing is not allowed by PTC.

Check their website, at least for some applications they have a "try-before-you-buy" option that allows you to download a 30-60 day evaluation licensefor free.

Thanks for all replies

What about the situation when the user replaces the old version on new
one? Is it possible to buy it from him, is there any thing like
aftermarket?

You dont buy the software, you pay for a licence that gives you the right to use it and sometimes also maintenance feeto get support and upgrades.

The licence is locked to the id (MAC adress) of your ethernet adapter and is only issued by PTC, so no aftermarket exists (I also believe PTC has a disclaimer about reselling as well as borrowing).

I just want to pass along something on this topic.

PTC says that you can "transfer" a license. Just in specific
situations. For example, if your company had multiple locations
(each with a different license manager) they would transfer the license
from one to the other. They can be locked or floating licenses.

I never went through with it since the other location went out and bought thier own license.

Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 Tutorial book by Roger Toogood ($59.95) @ amazon.com

comes with a Multimedia CD of lessons plus a free 60-day tryout of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0. A great tutorial book for someone looking at Pro/E Wildfire.

A few years ago I was able to consolidate several licenses from different servers onto one system. PTC wasn't thrilled, (because they ALWAYS want you to buy something else) but since the licenses were all owned by the same company, I don't think they could fight it.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

On a slightly different note outside this thread

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back