Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Layers Frozen?

Bob_W

I am running WF4 and have just recently run into a problem that has me baffled. It probably has an easy solution but I haven't found it.

I have a number of sub-assy's and some of those also have sub assy's. After creating some drawings with exploded views I noticed that I couldn't turn the axis (and others as well) layers on because they were grayed out in the layer tree. I had the option to hide these layers but not to un-hide them. Most of the components that I checked had the layers on and I could display the axes if needed. This has been making it hard to add explode offset lines and assemble other components.

This does not occur in all of the sub-assemblies. Some, of equal complexity, will allow me to turn all the layers on and display the datums and axes desired. I just can't seem to figure out what I did to 'lock' the layers on certain assy's

I hope this makes a little sense as I wasn't sure of a good way to explain it.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

UPDATE:

Ok, I found that if I RMB on the part axis layers it gave me an option to "Remove Top Status". I have no idea what that does, but it seems to allow me to turn the layers back on. I guess I'll have to search for that ti figure out what it is and how I ended up setting it in the first place.

Thanks
Bob

Edited by: Bob_W

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back