Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"lace" cutting along a curve

bnemo

Hello Pro-E gurus.

I am fairly new to pro e manufacturing and in fact have been trying to learn it without the aid of 'official' training (my employers idea.. ) I have been fairly successful but have not been able to figure out how to create a cutter path that will lace cut along a curve to a specific depth .By lace cut I mean it will cut in one direction along the curve, drop down by the step depth,then cut back along the same curve and so on, until desired depth has been reached. i.e. using a ball cutter to cut a runner for a mold. Is there an easy way to do this? Can it be explained in 5000 words or less?!? Thank You in advance :)

First thing learn as much as you can about pro/man

befor taking any classes .It helps alot . To your question

there are a couple diffrent ways to accomplish this task.

Trajectery mill is probley my first choice

Create a swept trajectery as the curve - have tool params

dictate the rest

2nd you could try a Surface Mill using CUT LINE option

Create a swept trj then select the line as the cut boundry

in the cut line params box

First thing learn as much as you can about pro/man

befor taking any classes .It helps alot . To your question

there are a couple diffrent ways to accomplish this task.

Trajectery mill is probley my first choice

Create a swept trajectery as the curve - have tool params

dictate the rest

2nd you could try a Surface Mill using CUT LINE option

Create a swept trj then select the line as the cut boundry

in the cut line params box

yes the trajectory milling it's one of my preferate options, but I choose only custimize, select curves, and for rest of them I make sets in parameters; whatever, you can do a lot with starting/ending point, but take care, simetimes the retract is in wrong way.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back