Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

J-Link : System.out.println question

Yossarian

Hello everyone,

I just started building really simple applications in J-Link, but I can't figure out where I should see the string I send with System.out.println

I know my code is good; I am using an example I found on the web to add a simple button on the UI. This works perfectly, but when I use the System.out.println command, I don't see anything inside Pro/E.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? :)

Hi Yossarian,

System.out.println is for java output, if you run java program, it would give you output then as you have console to see output (in eclipse) or dos window to see if you execute it without any complier. If you want to see output use "Joptionpane" it would give you output in form of popup button. Google "Joptionpane" for its syntax and further details.

Hi sir,

I am new to J-link . But i ve learned Java and Pro-e. So tell me whre can i download j-link and how to install it . Please tell me step by step procedure......

amit.dabade said:
Hi Yossarian,

System.out.println is for java output, if you run java program, it would give you output then as you have console to see output (in eclipse) or dos window to see if you execute it without any complier. If you want to see output use "Joptionpane" it would give you output in form of popup button. Google "Joptionpane" for its syntax and further details.

System.out.println will work fine for asynchronous programs (the output gets sent to the DOS window), but does not work for synchronous programs. It's not really clear where system.out.println output gets sent in synchronous mode...

cskkshiva said:
Hi sir,

I am new to J-link . But i ve learned Java and Pro-e. So tell me whre can i download j-link and how to install it . Please tell me step by step procedure......

When you install Pro/ENGINEER, J-Link is an optional module to install. To install, run ptcsetup.bat from source, and ensure you include it as an installed option.

Note: if you run ptcsetup.bat from a location in which Pro/E has already been installed, you will not see the option to install J-Link. You must run ptcsetup.bat from the source.

once you've got it installed, the folder "jlink" will be in your Pro/E loadpoint, and documentation is there (which talks about how to get started).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back