Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Issue with converting drawing to pdf

mortdiggiddy

I tried printing directly from solidworks 2009 SP0, but it always returns a blank page. The print preview is also blank... strange. When I save the drawing as a PDF, everything is fine, except for images, i.e. My company signature image on the sheet, and the isometric shaded view. Those disappear. Everything else remains in PDF form, since that is all text and wireframe lines I am guessing. Anyone else run into this problem?

I have seen this before and what's happening is that the pdf is literally looking at the wrong layer or the settings are screwed up. Your easiest "out" here is to download a pdf printer (open source primopdf comes to min) and print as normal selecting "primopdf" as your printer.

All should be well

Tried primopdf, still get a blank document. I'm installing SP4.1 for 2009 now, based on the slowness of this sh*t work computer, it should be done downloading by tomorrow...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back