Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ISDX Tangent Surfaces

amoncur

When making a surface adjacent to another surface, the two surfaces are not tangent and clicking on the dashed line yields only the error message :The cross curves are not connected with the same continuity as the connection. How can I fix this so that the two surfaces are tangent?

thanks,

Aaron

Make the curve connections tangent to the adjacent surface.

Right click the end point and select either tangent (or whatever other connection type you want) from the drop down menu.

Mike

Don't know about ISDX curves and surfaces but the photograph in your profile sure gives me the willies...

Does that mean i need to create multiple surfaces in the same feature? It seems that when I create only one surface per feature and then try to connect them tangentially, I can't highlight the previously created surface, and therefore can't reference my current surface to the previous surface.

you can create an isdx surface tangent to a surface created outside of that feature, but the curves you create the isdx surface with must be tangent if you want a tangent surface connection.

Which version of Pro are you using?

Send me the file if you are really stuck and Ill have a look at it.

Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back