Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

IS THERE A WAY TO PRINT A SHADED OBJECT SCALE 1:1?

proedesign

Does any one know of a way to get a print out of a shaded model to scale 1:1?. I need it to print it out in color and lay it out over the mating component.

Thank you all,

ProG

This is real cheezy but its the only way I could think of.

Place the view you want on a drawing in hidden line mode and print it out full size. This will give you a full size to compare with.

Create your shaded image (jpg or something) and print it with something like Print Shop Pro that offers print scaling. This will allow you to print you jpg out at 110% or whatever it takes to match it up with the full size wireframe print you created.

I know, its silly and sneaky, but its the only way I could think of. As far as I know, you can't print a shaded image from Pro-E. Maybe thats changed. I haven't tried it in a while.

TO PRINT A SHADED OBJECT:

Use an hp deskjet 3320 a $50.00 printer from Walmart.

Ronald L Nelson

937-726-1514

Manufacturing Engineer

Hamilton, Ohio

Hello ProG,

Have your tried to create the mating part in Pro/E? Then assemble the two parts the way you need it and pick the corresponding view that shows you what you need. If the mating part is too complex to complete in a short amount of time, you might be able to create the assembly first then create the mating part profile while in assembly mode and view the interaction between the two parts that way. Just a different method to accomplish what you are trying to do with the print out! Good Luck!

CTArmijo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back