Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

iPhone pictures of the screen. LEAK

design-engine

Yamaha in California uses Pro/ENGINEER to do it's development of assessors. But what about Japan. They like Boeing grew their own software program but never marketed it like Catia was marketed.

http://www.cexut.com/yamaha-leaks-the-2010-yz450f-with-rever sed-single-cylinder Leaked with an iPhone. go figure!

http://www.proride.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=45204.0 <- good look at the home grown Yamaha surfacing software. This is the wildly new 2010 YZ450 that will presumably be released in the fall. I have the 2005 version. The new version has the carbs in front and exhaust that comes out the back of the calender saving length of the pipe and weight I guess. This is reverse from conventional engines... except for cart engines.

While teaching a surfacing class at Yamaha I heard about the Japanese software Yamaha uses but now I get to see it. Smart too because they don't end up loosing engineers and designers because of the demand for the software like American companies using Pro/ENGINEER.

Edited by: design-engine

Yea, they might not lose engineers to other companies using the same software, but try getting in the door with them! When I was contracting there (in CA) I believe there were only three people who could use the package, and only the very basic functions. The engineers from <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Japan</st1:place></st1:country-region> would have to show how to do anything with the software when they visited. The software is a big throw-back to AutoCAD v.10. Simply exporting parts/assemblies to use in ProE is a very involved process.

Canondale tried that layout with their "radical" fuel injected motocrosser in about 2000. It did not work out well for them, bankrupted the company. The Yamaha version looks even worse, with the cylinder canted back the weight distribution is all wrong.

It was also Cannondales first motorcycle. They built the bike from the ground up, Yamaha has a couple of years under their belt already. :)

Four stroke tech has come a long way since then.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back