Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Involute profile creation

The articledoes not tell youanything about the gear you are creating but from the data it is apparent it is a 24 tooth, 8 pitch gear with a standard whole depth of 2.25.This methodhas a few unnecessary steps in my opinion but it will work if you choose to do it this way. It looks like steps 5 through 7 are positioning the first involute curve tocontrol the tooth thickness (or space width, depending on howyou want to look at it.) Since there are 24 teeth, they are spaced apart 15 deg. It is 7.5 deg. from the center of the space to the center of the tooth. This means the involute curves need to be mirrored about a datum that is rotated 7.5/2 deg from a line that intersects the invoulte at the pitch dia. and the center of the gear.This is the reason you are asked to create the two points and the curve between them. You need to know this angle in order to reposition (or in this case copy) the involute curve and use dtm 2 as the mirroring datum. Note the angle of the copied datum. It equals the measured angle + 7.5/2. I hope this helps you out.

Edited by: brchapman

HI,
I DID THIS, DATUM EVALUATE FEATURE IS AVAILABLE IN ALLOW_AUTOMATIC_FEATURES IN OPTIONS, IF IT NOT WORKS THEN MEASURE THE ANGLE AND WHILE COPYING THE FEATURE IN STEP 6 U ENTER ANGLE AS MEASURED ANGLE+(7.5/2) AND LEAVE STEP 7 AND PROCEED FINE I THINK IT WILL WORK TO U
Edited by: raja143

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back