Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

invoking mate angle....

jrobi

On occasion while placing a component, typical when utilizing 'insert' to align holes/circular features, Pro will invoke mate angle- allowing of course, an angular rotation- but not always. I have not yet had such luck as to determine how to induce this on my own- anyone know who to invoke mate/align angle?
smiley9.gif

Pick in the offset column where it says Coincident and you will get a pull down menu with "Angle Offset".

I dont get the "Angle Offset in the pull down menu. Could it possibly be a config setting or something like that. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

add another constrain pick a plane or surfaceand the another has to be perpendicular to it you will get align and rotational pull angle. but this might be a problem if you what to do analysis on the assbl. because is over constrain or you're allowing asumtions.
Edited by: arroyopr

in my instance- I usedMate-coincident for surfaces to constrain along the 'Y' axis- and usedInsert to constrain along the 'X' axis, and did aMate-Orient along the z- once that part was fully constrained- I usedthe 'offset' menu drop downfor he Mate-orient constrint, and the angular optionwas there- used it several times to see when/where it would be invoked- its there, and it works- the workaround- place a datum at an angle, thru an axis in the part you aassembling to, and use that datums' angular constraint to control the angular orientation ofthe part you wish to rotateby utilizingthe mate/align orient option...that make any sense?
smiley9.gif

then you have to change the angle on the part plane to change the orientation of the part on the assembly, right?

dr_gallup said:
Pick in the offset column where it says Coincident and you will get a pull down menu with "Angle Offset".
I typically align axis for 1st constraint, mate or offset planes perpendicular to the axis for second constraint. At this point Pro/E is happy if "make assumptions" is checked. If I need to rotate about the axis then align 2 planes and at that point the angle offset option will be available.

that's way i said to add another constraint,after you align by axis and mate planes or surface, because is fully constriant. Don't those planes have to be perpendicular as well? But my main concern is if this would cause problems if you run an stuctural analysis on the assembly. Sense the part have more constraints than needed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back