Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

intralink

retheeshkr

hello friends,

when my pro intralink was installed, somhow the workspace directories
are being created in "C" drive. now i feel like moving these workspaces
to the much larger "D" drive without any damage and the new
workspaces to be created should be in d drive....help required...

thanks in advance

retheesh

www.sonagroup.com

Retheesh,

Pro/INTRALINK 3.x: Use the system (or user)environment variable PDM_LDB_PATH and set it to D:\

Pro/INTRALINK 8.0 (Windchill): Use the system (or user) environment variables PTC_WF_ROOT and PTC_WF_CACHE

After you have set these, Make sure Pro/INTRALINK is closed and move your Workspaces from C:\ drive to D:\.

I would suggest checking everything in, set the variables and restart intralink. Restarting with the variables set will create a new .proi folder in desired location. From here youcreate fresh new workspaces and check out your work.

--> Moving the .proi is not a good idea - I doubt it will even work! (it's not designed to be movable as far as I am aware)

You also have to run the ptcsetup.bat batch file and change the path from your c:\ path to the new d:\ path.

markp: Sorry I have to besuch a "besser-wisser"but there is really no need to run the ptcsetup again. The reason for running ptcsetup would beto set the path variable to the bin folder of the client installation (that most people set using variables in startscripts anyway). In this case the client was not moving, only the location of the .proi

Set a new value forthe PMD_LDB_PATH variable and restart intralink and the workspaces will be created in the newlocation under .proi. They can not be moved!

caddie

It's wrong to say you couldn't move your workspaces. To do that, you must open Intralink and create a workspace with the same name, then close Intralink. Intralink create a Local.ddb file in D:\path\.proi and the folder of your new workspace. Then you just have to replace the Local.ddb file in D:\path\.proi by the olderin C:\path\.proi and copy all the files under C:\path\.proi\name_worskpace in D:\path\.proi\name_workspace.

I do it with my back-up when Intralink crash and damge the Local.ddb file.

bp

bp:Never heard of that solution, but I take it it works as you are using it. It's a great solution and I gladly withdraw my statement that workspaces can not be moved!

/Caddie

hi all,

many thanks for your reply, but i would like to ask you a very basic question. where can i find the "system (or user)environment variable" to change PDM_LDB_PATH to d drive?

regds

retheesh

It is set to your %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% in the batch file that launches Intralink, if not set anywhere else, somthing like:

C:\ptc\proiclient3.x\bin\proilink[whatever].bat

Your best bet would be to create another batch file to set the variable then launch Intralink, It would include somthing similar to the lines below.

set PDM_LDB_PATH=d:\users\%USERNAME%

call c:\ptc\proiclient3.0\bin\proilink[whatever].bat
Edited by: CJ

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back