Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intralink Error Message

kearsley

We have just upgrade to Intralink 3.4 and Wildfire 2. My workspace keeps giving error messages where my parts should be. The message reads "Could not launch the external application loadinpro. This can happen if external application is not found or incorrect parameters are passed to the application loadinpro application is used by Pro/Intralink to communicate with Pro Engineer which must be already running". I get this just going thro' release procedures. The only option is to go right out of intralink and start again. It even does it when I have no Pro E running. I can't do anything. Intralink also fails to import/export, it goes through the motions but just doesn't do it. No error messages this time tho' Any info would be appreciated.

Have you tried re-running the ptcsetup.bat file in the \proiclient\bin\ folder & \proe\bin\ folder?

These can identify the paths to Pro/E & intralink, so each program knows where the other is... usually fixes this problem for me.

ed

I think we have found the problem. When Wildfire 2.0 was installed it created a directory ****\proeWildfire 2.0. The space in the folder name was enough to stop it working. Renaming the folder to Wildfire and rerunning the setup for intralink and Wildfire seems to have cured the problem. I can import/Export at least.

smiley32.gif

Kearsley-

Did removing the space in the folder name proeWildfire 2.0 fix the problem of getting the error message in the workspace instead of a list of files? I ask because we are getting the same message in our workspaces.We also have a space in the folder name. Want to verify before I go and re-install both ILINK and Wildfire on all our computers.

Thanks....
smiley1.gif

markp

That certainly seems to have done the trick. I have been using itin anger for thel ast week with no problems. It seems strange that the default file name in PTC setup puts it in with a space. We are in the process of doing all our other users.

Hope that helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back