Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intent Manager

nkpham

Is there a way to change what intent manager does? I need to import sketches, and as far as I know, this import function only exists when intent manager is turned on. After it imports the sketch, it changes my original sketch. I want to leave intent manager on so I can use the import function, but I would like to disable it's functionality so it no longer changes my sketch.

Thank you Amigo. =)

I have another problem for anyone who can answer. In my sketch, there are lines that are slightly angled. When I regenerate, Pro E makes all of these lines horizontal. Is there a way for me to prevent Pro E from doing this?

Constrain them with an angle, or constrain the end points fully, and this will not happen. Also you can toggle the Horizontal constraints on and off. Just hit CONSTRAINTS/DISABLE on any unwanted assumptions.

Does the angle dimension turn red when the horizontal constraint appears? If so do like I said and hit CONSTRAINTS/DISABLE and pick the horizontal constraint. There will be a red slash going through the H constraint and your angle dimension will turn back yellow.

What do you mean by constrain the end points fully?

If Pro is adding constraints it is probably because the sketch is not fully dimensioned!

maybe I should explain myself better..... When I create the sketch, everything works fine. Before exiting the sketching mode, I save the section as an *.sec file. Then, when I need to reuse the sketch, I reload it. After I place the section, I regenerate the sketch and notice that some of my info has changed. It prompts me to delete some of my geometry and constraints in order for it to work. I don't know why it doesn't work since the first time I use the sketch, it gives me no problems. These problems only arise when I want to reuse the earlier sketch.

I tried what you suggested and used the constraints/disable option. It puts a slash through the H, but the geometry doen't return back to normal.

As far as I know this is just a glitch, and has to be worked around. I have a similar problem with our company logo sketch. Everytime I load it half of the constraints dissappear. I just tried constraining it different ways until it did what i needed. Constraints still dissappear when I import it, but they are not vital ones. Try using construction lines, and circles as much as possible, for some reason they transfer better. Without seeing your particular sketch it's hard to give any help. You just need to experiment with this sketch until it does what you need.

Thank you for all your troubles. It is kinda hard to give advice when you can't see the sketch. My sketch is just really complicated and when one thing gets changed by Pro E, all the other lines get skewed too. Hopefully, I can find a solution to this.

or u can try to modify in config.pro the variable:

angular_tol=0.0001

this will descrease the tol for autoalign.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back