Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Intent Manager - Alignment & Query Select

Been using this for several weeks now and it's okay.

Don't like the toggles (eg between line/centerline) - and haven't gotten use to the trim commands. Also, the mirror command throws in duplicate dimensions and haven't figured out how to get rid of these.

Some things are really nice (undo command, being able to apply constraints directly).

However, it's biggest undoing is the automatic regen. I find myself reverting to the old sketcher frequently because of this.

If I have 5 dims I want to change, I don't want regen to occur until I've modified all of them.

It's hands down better than SolidWorks sketcher - I waste so much time with this getting rid of unwanted constraints.

You can avoid the unwanted regens when changing multiple dims by using the modify dim button:

View attachment 248

Select dims you want to modify and then uncheck the regenerate box. Change the dim values and when you are done recheck the regenerate box and the sketch will now regenerate.

View attachment 249

The 'Modify Dimensions' lock scale button is one of the neatest things I've ever seen. It's not in UG. I use it all the time.

Steve C

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back