Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Integration with SAP

kdmgooner

Hello all

Is there anyone out there that can give me any information about integrating with SAP. The PTC knowledge base refers to Windchill and something called the "Windchill Production FActor" and the SAP Adapter. We currently have Wildfire 2 and Intralink 3.3, SAP is also currently being rolled out.

What I need to know first is 1) What extra PTC products would we need to purchase, and 2) Is there a specific SAP module required that would also need to be purchased.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

we currently use ProIntralink 3.2 (we are moving to Pro/Intralink 3.4) with Wildfire 2and Windchill 6.2.6.In my company too SAP is being rolled out.

Ihave no knowledge about direct integration between Pro/Intralink and SAP and I think noone implemented it. If you want to integrate your cad data to SAP I suggest you to upgrade to Windchill PDMlink 8 (Wildfire, Intralink and Windchill are integrated in the same environment and data are recorded in a unique database). After that, basedupon Windchill technology, you can fully integrate Windchill PDMlink with SAP. You have to alternative ways:

1)purchasing the optional module Windchill ESI. See PTC website for information. Consider that ESI interface is very expensive.

2) If you want to earn some money ask a Windchill Solution partner in your area a quotation to implement a customized integration between Windchill and SAP at a lower price.

My companyhas choosen the second solution and will implement Windchill PDMLink 8next year.

I hope to be helpfull for you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back