Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Installation of Intralink Data Server

Zaki

I am installing intralink 3.4 data server, file server is installed successfully. When I input the path for file vault it says

the installation can't create more than one folder level.

If your vault folder is d:\ptc\vaults ensure you have created the d:\ptc folder first and the system will create the vaults folder for you.

Kevin

Thanx Knewton
I try everything but there is no change,
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif

Zaki

Here d:\ptc\1\, folder is exist on the disk but it says (u can see upper post)
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Zaki

Try to delete the folder ...\1\ So that the installation have to create one folder.

Be sure to be login local as "administrator". It is not always enought to be a user with administrator rights. You should not use a domain accounts, it must be a local administrator account. With older versions I have notice problems f.ex. with running upgrade scripts. (I know it is not your problem ow)

Intralink cannot create the folder if it already exists. Delete the 1 folder on your hard drive and try again.

The question is now. Why can't the installation system give e error message that we can understand?

jnoval - I agree... often the installation is fine if everything goes as expected...

Error messages are not very good. I was thinking things were getting easier these days, but that's maybe just experience

smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back