Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Inspection Symbols on Drawings

Mindripper

While Pro/E does allow marking a dimension on a drawing as a required inspection point by drawing a 'rounded rectangular box' around the dimension, this leaves something to be desired for items such ad GD&T requirements. I have seen many drawings that have an 'I' in a triangular box following dimensions or GD&T callouts that are inspection dimensions. I know it'spossible to create text that's boxed in a rectangle in a note by using the text format '@[YOUR TEXT HERE@]'. Is there a similar text prefix and suffix to the '@[' and '@]' for placing text inside a triangular box, esp. a single character? Or perhaps there is some other simple trick, such as creating a custom character that can be inserted when editing text in a dimension (commonly done when adding stuff like '4X' and 'THRU ONE WALL ONLY').

The easiest thing to do is create a symbol as doronron1 said but you won't be able to include it as text in your dimension. However, you can insert the symbol "offset" from your dimension, GDT, etc. That way, if you move the dimension the symbol will move with it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back