Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Inside bend radius.

matwer

Hello,

I have some questions:

1.Where and how can I set different inside bend radius (other than equal to plate thickness) for different sheetmetal thickness?

2.Is it possible to change all inside bend radius in ready model without changing one by one?

You can change default sheetmetal parameters in edit-setup-sheetmetal-parameters.

Default bend table is available in proe or elseyou have to create your own bend table.

But that sheetmetal parameter value is "Thickness". When I change it to some value, it will be for all thicknesses. I want to have different inside radius for different plate thickness. Something like:

Thickness Inside radius

0.8 1

1&nbsp ; 1.8

1.5 2

2&nbsp ; 3

BR

Edited by: matwer

I made it other way. I put that in sheetmetal template:

In if smt_thickness==1
SMT_Def_BEND_RAD=1.8
endif
if smt_thickness==2
SMT_Def_BEND_RAD=3
endif

everything works fine untill I made sheetmetal parts with sheetmetal template. But when I use solid template and then change application to sheetmetal and use conversion, everything is with inside radius=plate thickness. How can I solve that?

Ashok, can you give me more details about solution with bend table?
Edited by: matwer

Actually i mistook your question before. Bend table is only for getting developed length for the particular part which is going to manufacture. It should exactly match the machines bend table, so that u can achieve your bend dimensions.

The above relation which you shown is exactly the right way to get different radius corresponding to the different thickness respectively. But practically it all depends on the bending machine's punch radius. You should think about this one also.

matwer said:
everything works fine untill I made sheetmetal parts with sheetmetal template. But when I use solid template and then change application to sheetmetal and use conversion, everything is with inside radius=plate thickness. How can I solve that?

Give the relations after conversion of solid into sheetmetal, then you see it will work.

http://www.proe.cn/sheetmetal/z99/SHEETMETAL_WF2.pdf
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back