Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Insert>Object In pro E

Joe123

Hello I'm having a problem with Insert>object to insert JPEG's/other picture files. Basically Ive upgraded to office 2003 and lost this ability. When i Insert the picture it only shows the filename of the picture and I am unable to see the actual picture. Any help would be greatly greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

-Joe

I think you are talking about the ability to import into Office (Word, Excel...)? If so, the default Office installation must have been used. To have other filters (jpg, dxf ...) you will have to install the missing filters from the Office CD. This is a common occurence.
Edited by: donha

Actually it is a full installation and I'm trying to port pictures into Pro-E using Insert however when I upgraded the machine from office XP to office 2003 i lost this ability. I've found a way around by inserting a blank bitmap image and pasting the picture onto it, a bit more tidious but it works. Thank You though

I've got the same thing going on with WF 1.0 M150. I have Windows & Office2000, don't have Office 2003 yet.

out of interest why would u want to copy a picture from office to a pro-model ?

can you give an example.

Placing a JPEG logo on a model is one example.

This looks like good news! I found this under TDI 127355created on Oct 5, 2004

Description
-----------------
Jpeg image is not displayed after inserting in Pro/ENGINEER drawing on a Windows XP operating system.

Alternate Technique
-----------------
See Resolution below.

Resolution
-----------------
Pro/ENGINEER checks the registry entry under ...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg (deafult) as "jpegfile"

Which can be set by loading any application capable of opening .jpg/.jpeg file and also associates itself to the specified registry.

Two known programs are "Microsoft Office Photo Editor" available with Microsoft Office 97 onwards and "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" available with Microsoft Office 2003.
Once these program are available for Pro/ENGINEER to display image file, the image is displayed in Pro/ENGINEER

I don't see the option to Insert>object to insert JPEG's do i need to set something up in the config i would like to be able to do this. running wf2

I have yet to trouble shoot this, but I'm assuming that I don't have an OLE program that Pro/E can "communicate"with which meansI can't insert and see the actual JPEG.

Rick

we have office XP but only excel and word are installed what OLE program would I need to insert the JEPG

Thank Pmack

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back