Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Insert mode in WF2

dlongmi

Does anyone know how to specify insert mode in a model WITHOUT having to drag the "insert here" up the model tree up to the desired position?

Edited by: dlongmi

BigJoe,

It's not that I do not want to.....but in a typical model of 300 features hate the slow drag up to the top of the tree.

Pre-MisFire it was nice. Highlight the feature in the tree or in the model window, right click and invoke Insert Mode.

dlongmi, that makes great sense. I'm sure there are other things that make a 300-feature model difficult to deal with.

The "rightclick->insert here" was nice.

Dragging the insert bar is also unstable, typically in large parts. It was that in 2001 and in WF2 it still is. It doesn'twork at all times, and sometimes it starts a full regeneration. At that pointyou're not happy with several hundreds of features, when just scrolling down two features.
smiley18.gif

I miss the option "last feature" also. And a function "Suppress, Last Resumed"

I made two mapkeys for the functions clip suppres and resume last, and made two custom toolbar buttons for it. I use them a lot!

View attachment 719

Huug

If you are using a wheel mouse and are able to contort your hand a bit, you can grab the insert-here arrow, begin to drag up and then use the wheel to go up. I found this by accident once, haven't used it much to determine ProE stability when doing it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back