Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing Data from MS Excel.

sandeepmakam

I have an MS Excel file which has 2 columns of data i.e the coordinates of points. Now i need to import this data... rather , i want proE to make an area which is formed due to these points ( so that i can then use this area to revolve and hence generate the solid)

I had to do this very urgently, so i used ANSYS(where defining the keypoints based upon coordinates is very easy and so is generating an area from all the keypoints existing) to make the area and then imported that diagram in IGES format into proE and revolved it. But this is causing some problems. ProE is not sensitive enough for the dimensions i used.What was supposed to have been a smoothly curved surface is appearing smoothly till a certain length and after that there is a step and instead of smooth curvature in the axial direction, all i am getting is a right-circular cylinder.

In the sketcher, we can import data from only a few limited formats viz. drw, dwg, iges, ai and sec. So, right now, i am in a quandary. So i was wondering if we can try autoCAD? Can anyone help me out?

First thing, you need 3 columns for the coordinates of points (X, Y, and Z). The file must be saved as text only. Now create point, offset coordinate system, from file. Select the text file that has your X, Y, Z coordinates.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back