Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Importing company logo

swcalvert

How do I import our company logo into a table in the drawing format? Our graphics group uses Adobe Illustrator.

Steve C

I believe Adobe Illustrator can export a .dxf. Import the .dxf into your format.

You can't do that directly. But try placing the .dxf over the cell and then group the table and .dxf. That way the table and .dxf will stay together when you move the table. May not be exactly what you're looking for.

When I work something like you I am doing that like this.

I export from Corel like Ai, import that in Rhino, and export from them like Igs

I understand that Wildfire is supposed to import Illustrator files (.ai) directly in. I havn't tried it myself as yet. 2001 doesn't import them. When a dxf file is exported from Illustrator you have a number of options as to what format like R13, R14, etc. to export. Any of them come into 2001.

jperkins

You can put your company logo into a cell. But first you must turn it into a symbol.

1. Create a DXF or IGES first.

2. Make a symbol out of it.

3. Place the symbol somewhere on you drawing or format.

(If you don't do this, you can't place the symbol in a cell.)

4. Enter the following as text in the table cell without the

quotes: sym(<symbol name>)

5. Delete the symbol you previously placed on the drawing or

format.

You can also place any image file on your drawing or format as an OLE object. If linked, this relationship isn't maintained by Pro/INTRALINK. As long as you don't turn on Link, it embeds the image in the drawing. This doesn't work within a cell, but it can be used to overlay an image onto an existing table. The nice things about OLE objects are you don't have to do any conversions and you get full color.

Hope this helps.

mmead0ws

I have a symbol placed somewhere on my screen and then I have typed sym() in the table cell and then deleted from the screen the symbol, but all I see in the cell is the sym() that I typed in.

Steve C

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back