Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Import from STEP - tolerance

harichennai

Hi all,

When importing STEP files in to ProE, is there any option or setting to control or rather, increase the tolerance or accuracy of the import?

I use 2001 Pro/E..

Or how do we improve the accuracy or tolerance in the export to STEP process in general(if the source of STEP is CATIA or Pro/E itself)?

My objective is to ensure minimum data loss..

Thanks

intf3d_in_close_open_boundaries

intf3d_in_enable_layer_join

intf_in_keep_high_deg_bspl_srfs

intf_in_external_accuracy

This last one will change the accuracy of the imported file to match the accuracy of your part.

Thanks for the reply,

I dont find the last config option in my Pro/E 2001!!

I searched in help as well as utilities->options....

Thanks...

intf_in_external_accuracy will read the neutral file. Try setting it and see if it takes. May be new with WF.

What you might also try...

Read the neutral file units and resolution. If you don't know where to find them I can elaborate.

Create a set of templates, abs acc enabled and set to desired resolution. I've ~sometimes~ had better results using a slightly tighter accuracy, importing, evaluating, then relaxing the tolerance to a sensible value or as required to suit needs.

Point Pro/E to those templates, set intf_in_use_template_models and open the neutral.

- - - - -

I'm not sure (and not arguing) about intf_in_close_open_boundaries. I've assumed it's a "healing" function, will create tolerant co-edges if it can. I sometimes am more interested in seeing and starting with the "raw" stuff. Same for fix_boundaries_on_import.

= = = = =

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back