Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Import/Export into Pro/INTRALINK

desultd

Problem I am having is when I export from Windchill Pro/Intralink from my workspace a part that has been checked into Intralink. I take it home and work on it and then import back into my workspace, it shows up as a new part. Then I can't check it in over the existing part in Intralink.I know consultants and outside resources are used all the time and data is shared. What am I missing?

<H2 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Intralink Check-In Of Imported_Files</H2>
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
For all parts that have been exported out of Intralink, modified, and then returned:

Follow these 4 steps for check-in;

1. <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" =Msonormal><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Import[/B] the modified files into a new workspace.</LI>
    <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" =Msonormal>Highlight everything and <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">update[/B] it</LI>
    <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" =Msonormal>(Re-) <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Import[/B] the modified files <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">AGAIN[/B], excluding the frame/format</LI>
    <LI style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in" =Msonormal><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Check-in[/B] to Commonspace.</LI>

(The reason for excluding the frame/format is so that Intralink will not see the frame as a new version and over-write it.)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back