Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ILINK file storage

extreme

What file types are storable in ILINK (doc, excel, dwg, etc)? Is there a list available that someone can point me to as to which files extensions I can store? Or is PRO/E files the only type?

Thanks

If you log-on as admin and go to Object Types under the Object categories, you'll see a list of file types that are standard within Intralink. I'm in 3.3, so it may be a little different in 3.2, but this should get you started in the right direction.

Steve C

well i am looking at it for functionality wise. I am not actually on it anymore. I was on ilink 3.0 several years ago and can not remember the storage types available

Just about anything can be stored and tracked by Intalink. I'm by no means an expert on the subject, I just know you can do many things with 3.3 with respect to tracking objects.

Steve C

We are using 3.2, and I just recently added .dwg and .doc to INTRALINK so we can also store and track our autocad drawings. It appears to work well, however, we do not open autocad in a workspace (that does not mean it cannot be done, we just have not figured it out). What we do is to import the acad drawings into a workspace, then set folder, ...etc. To update your drawings you must make your changes on your harddrive and then re-import to the workspace, where you will get a warning that you are about to modify your workspace, which is good. Let me know if you have any probs. Doug Conner

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back