Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I sell my spacemouse 3d plus very cheap

It's for a professionnal using .

It's a very good tool for design and conception.

Don't makes cofee sorry
smiley2.gif
cristel

Try it and you love it. (I have ever one).

bye

Really?

In near Paris now. in Rueil Malmaison

Tu viens d'ou?

Peut etre interesant au niveau de prix si tu m a dit il est vraiment professionel

smiley36.gif

Make me an offer i can t refuse
smiley17.gif

Cristel

puppet said:
anyone use these things for pro-e?
what are the advantages over just a normal 5button mouse?

I have a Spaceball 5000 USB from 3DConnexion. It's an EXTREMELY convenient device, as a ad-on tomy preffered mouse.I can spin-pan-zoom with my left hand and select and pick with my right. It is especialy of need for large parts or large assemblies, in addition to setting the spin center on and off in Wildfire.
Together with the menu visibilities, clip on 50%, it is amazing!
I have programmed the buttons 5 and 6 as the Ctrl and the Shift key, so I have no need to lift my hand to the keyboard.

Before the 5000 I had the 4000, which I had bought second hand on eBay by myself. It looks and works the same, but the 5000 is far more smooth. With that 4000I convinced my boss to order the 5000along with my new Dell Presicion 370. One you get used to it, you wouldn't work without it.

It's a possible solution for RSI problems, andis intended for bothleft and right hand use. Read anyting about it on http://www.3dconnexion.com

Huug

I've used a spaceball for the past 7 years. Now Ican't work without it. It's much, much faster than the obsolete way.

later

i questions the difference if ur pressing buttons with ur left hand on
a spaceball5000 or a keyboard. unless the spaceball can be used as a
mouse ( a pointer device) i dont really see the difference btw using
the keyboard or that spaceball.

i think the catch might be how fast you can type. i dare say i can
touch type and can do so a little faster than the average person since
working on a pc all day and again woudl asume anyone on this forum
could. IF i had to look down @ the keyboard to find a key to pan,
rotate or do something simple then indeed that device woudl be a time
saver, presuming ofcourse i could master the locations of the buttons
faster than that of my keyboard :)

my 2c

puppet said:
i questions the difference if ur pressing buttons with ur left hand on a spaceball5000 or a keyboard. unless the spaceball can be used as a mouse ( a pointer device) i dont really see the difference btw using the keyboard or that spaceball.

You're right. It's no big deal if you can leave your hand on the spaceball or move it over to the keyboard. But the main difference is mouse travel. Spin-pan-zooming requires a huge amount of mouse travel. There are tiny programs that count your mouseclicks and travel. With a spaceball you use your mouse only for selecting geometry and menu's.

And to quotedean1966us: once you've worked with a spaceball, you couldn't livewithout it. So you get to learn the advantages only when you have one. Those who lack one, or those who are responsible forthe companies hardware, are hard to convince of it's use. And that's the main problem of these devices. But Puppet, and all other heavy users around here, I'm sure you'll love it when you obtain one!

Huug

thanks you Huug for your answers,

I'm agree with you, it's a very good tool with a CAD software, easy to use .

My second spaceball is for sale, and

I dunno

But I just use the Logitech Trackman trackball with index finger control and programmable buttons. For $54 at Amazon; after assigning ctrl and shift to the extra buttons,I get to pan/zoom/rotate, point and click with four fingers of the same hand; just one device. It is so seamless and effortless that my friends don't understand how Proe got to be so easy. Don't see a reason why to go fro a more expensive, more complicated, multi device set up.

Guy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back