Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hydraulic cylinder - mechanism problem

daveyk_belgium

Mechanism gurus<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have a problem trying to define a hydraulic cylinder.

I have modelled separate skeleton of the fixed and moving cylinders, and placed them into a sub-assembly. Also within the sub-assembly is a datum curve, driven by a parameter from a layout.

The moving part has cylinder and planar constraints, and if course the moving part drags okay.

My problem is that I want to be able to come out of mechanism environment into standard Pro/E modelling environment, and regenerate the assembly and see the hydraulic cylinder in a controlled position

On second thoughts....

While assembling the piston to the cylinder, can't you give a mate offset constraint, which can be driven by a layout...? In which case you do not need to get into mechanism.

Just a thought...

so what you want is a dual constraint :) one for mechanism and one for
normal assembly? heheh i think someone else was talking about this on
the wish list.

best way is to have a snapshot. of your desired position for exit. then
refer to that snapshop when leaving. Or when you run ur analysis
in mechanism, work it out so it ends up where you want it for when your
leaving.

cheers again puppet.

good suggestion, and as you hinted, the previous reply would mean my mechanism wouldn't work.

i have been able to use servo-motors on pin commands with skeletons so you get the best of both worlds anyway - this hydraulic cylinder thing was a problem i couldn't see a solution to. by the way, i'm using 2001 on this project.

your ideas will both work - i was hoping for a perfect dreamy scenario though.

best regards

dave

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back