Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to stregthen a dimention?

avongil

Ever since 2000i^2 I have not been able to strengthen a dimention or contraint. Is there a ctrl key combo or something to strengthen dimentions? Its very frustrating to have to redo the dimention or constraint when its already there.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you are talking about Sketcher mode in 2001, left click once on the dimension so that it is highlighted red, then right click on the highlighted dimension and pick strong from the context sensitive menu.

JW

Great thanks for the info. i was always trying to figure that out. Alternatley I have found that ctl-t also strengthens a highlited dim.

The only problem with this method is that I sometimes have trouble selecting mirror constraints. No matter what I do, I cant select the small grayed out arrows. Query select does not work! Any tips?

Thanks again.

Yes, you are right......the technique doesn't work too well when you are trying to select the small constraint symbols.

When I am trying to select small symbols, I will bring up the constraint dialoque box-then use the query select....

It is a bit of a pain.

JW

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back