Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to select multiple draft entities or dim in ProE 2001?

mohan

In ProE 2000i2 we had the option of selecting multiple draft entities or dimensions by going to tools and pick many for any operation like delete (for example).

In ProE 2001 if we want to select multiple draft entities we have to press the shift key and keep selecting individually. Is there a simpler way or pick many option somewhere?

Mohan,

Go to Customise/commands/toolbar & activate Drawing to get drawing toolbar with an icon titled delete one or more drawing objects in detailing mode, which u can use for deleting many objects at a time.

Mohan,

Go to Customise/commands/toolbar & activate Drawing to get drawing toolbar with an icon titled delete one or more drawing objects in detailing mode, which u can use for deleting many objects at a time.

Another easy way is to select edit at the menu bar and choose cut. This will bring up another dialogue box that has choices in it, pick many is one of those choices. You will then be able to draw a box or polyline, if you desire, around the desired items and delete them that way.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your suggestion, but this is the solution with only deleting of multiple entities. What if i have to first select a few of the dimensions and then want to specify the operation. For example if i want to change the property of more than 10 to 15 dimensions in a similar manner like for example making them base dimensions, etc,.?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back