Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how to recreate four sided surface on imported data?

dacct

This might be a very basic question but I am not familiar enough with Wildfire (1.0) to make this work...

I imported a surface model from Alias to Wildfire. I manage to make a solid out of it. Now I need to export an STL file. The export fails because of a buggy surface. I managed to delete that surface (four sided) but now how do I recreate that surface? I tried many of the Wildfire surfacing tools but couldn't manage to get any of them working...

thx.

Insert > Surface > by Boundaries (or something like that; I don't have Pro/E in front of me). Specify 2 edges in the first direction, and 2 edges in the second direction.

Thx for the reply but I couldn't manage it. I'm trying to build the small surface in the middle of this set of surfaces:

http://www.proecentral.com/uploads/images/snap.jpg

I will upload the file next.

I also don't understand and can't figure out why the surface on the left cannot be deleted. The entire model disappear when trying to do so. This doesnt' really matter at this point but am trying to understand Pro/E better...

thx.

Thx for the replies. It provided me some guidance to understand the Boundary Blend tool and its GUI better...

About the composite curves. are those datum curves or are they any different? Looking at Wildfire's help there is mention of datum curves and composite datum curves but I don't quite get the difference - does composite datum curves simply refers to a set of datum curves?

Could you also pls describe how to create the curves from surface edges?

thx.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back