Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to "project" a curve into a new style feature?

Ferruccio

So, I have a bit of a headache of a part that I have been trying to make. It involves a rather warped piece of metal that was stamped, and I am recreating it using style features. I do not want to project this curve onto a flat plane. I simply want to copy and paste it in 3-D space as it was.

If I am creating a new style, how do I import a curve into it? Is it at all possible? I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I had imagined that this would be a rather obvious feature to have if you want to eventually connect two different style features.

you can do it inside of Style or outside using the project icon. They screwed up in the user interface a bit and chose a different term (comes from CDRS what Style or ISDX grew out of) 'Drop' instead of 'project'.

Drop works just like a project

The question is a bit confusing. Why import the curve? Is it from an imported feature or something like that?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back