Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to permanently disable centre marks

davegibs

I want to permanently turn off centre marks being entered on view creation. I know I can uncheck the insert centre marks on view creation in document options but is there anyway I can permanently do it so I don't have to remember to do it before every drawing. I have tried unchecking it and then saving that as our standard sheet format but next time you open it the box is checked again. Some of our suppliers CAM software are picking up the centre marks and causing all sorts of probelms.

The best (and probably only) way to do this is set up your drawing defaults the way you want them in Document Properties, including the center line option. Then, save it as a Drawing Template (.slddrt) file. From this point on, when you go to create a new drawing, you select this as your template instead of one of the SolidWorks default templates.

You can play around with a lot of things for your templates and locate them files in an easy to access directory (be sure to include in your System Options file location). I do this for parts and assemblies as well so that I can have inch and mm versions as well as stainless parts, plastic parts, and so on. When I create a new file, I just select the appropriate template based on what I want to do.

Just remember, System Properties tab affects how SolidWorks performs all the time; the Document Properties tab affects that particular file only and is based on whatever template you used to create the file.

Good Luck!!

-Matthew

Matthew

I have done exactly as you say above but when I open the drawing template that I saved with the centreline option turned off it loads with it turned on again.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back