Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to create tiff image

Pro18

I am creating tiff images by teh following method.

Drawing>Print>Add printer type(Selected the tiff)>print to file>Ok....Now at this point I am getting only .plt option. However I could override the .plt in the browse path but I am not getting .tiff to select.

Also, how can it be made it into mapkey whic would create the tiff image if the drawing sheet size only & with the same name

Thanks in advance

Version 2001 : I have already searched in these forum.

I am able to generate the tiff image. theproblem I am facing is : ProE 2001 is giving options other than .plt in the drop file type menu when exporting in print to file

File > Save a Copy Scroll the Type drawdown box to the bottom and choose TIFF. I use 300 DPI and 24bit RGB when exporting for import to another program or conversion to JPEG. The output using the above is 25mb in size. I use Paint Shop Pro to import the TIFF and export at 800 X nnn size. I am not as lucky as some to be on a Windows based system, the reason for the roundabout conversion process.

To export a drawing, I use the Generic Postscript output of the printing function and import the .ps (Postscript) into Ghostscript to output a .PDF. There are many ways and programs to accomplish the above.

thanx donha,

but that will take the screenshot of the drawings and adds the info on the bottom line seen in the drafting mode of Pro/E.

To export a drawing, choose the Generic Postscript option, which outputs a .ps (Postscript) file. Use Ghostscript or another poscript to PDF converter for professional output. TIFF output of drawings is terrible.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back